Eating was difficult today, as I caught the stomach flu. I couldn't keep any meals down, so I'm munching on boring foods and drinking water, mostly.
EXERCISE:
I was only able to work out for 15 minutes, and most of it was strength training and ab work. Cardio has a way of making headaches and nausea worse, hehe. I found the two exceptions to my whole "working-out-helps-when-you're-sick" rule. I am proud of myself for getting at least a little exercise in. I usually laze about when I'm sick and don't even attempt physical activity.
MOOD:
I was okay today. I am feeling mild anxiety about being sick so close to my last, most difficult final. I barely got any studying in, mostly watching TV all day and taking naps. I feel utterly unprepared for tomorrow.
SLEEP:
Sleep was horrid. My pillow is too firm, so my neck and shoulders felt very stiff. I still have leftover congestion from my cold, so breathing was a bit of a chore. I had a headache on top of it all. Hoping tonight will be better.
SPIRITUALITY:
Chris and I prayed with gratitude over our lunch together, but that's about it. The bible's been sitting right in front of me on the coffee table all day, but I didn't reach for it. I always pray before bedtime, so I will do that. This area needs improvement. I was doing so well before this week! I don't want my relationship with God to slip up already, just because I'm so focused on myself and what I'm feeling.
VERDICT:
I did as well as I could with diet and exercise considering the state my body's in. I've been nursing a headache, mild cold, and stomach flu, so I'm being compassionate with myself. It was a good day, but my sleep and spirituality need work.
Also, I've noticed that my legs and thighs are more toned. I've lost weight around my waist and elbows as well. It's encouraging to see results already, even if they're subtle! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment