Friday, April 29, 2011

Week 1, Day 5

 (Anyone notice any changes yet? I feel lighter!)

FOOD:
I ate well today. We had homemade lasagna for dinner; it's Chris's favorite. I need to drink more water, though! I'm always dehydrated and rarely thirsty. Ah, my strange body.

EXERCISE:
When I woke up feeling better, I was bursting with energy. I exercised right away and did a great job, if I do say so myself! ;-) My limbs were wobbly after all the weight training and push-ups! It felt so good to be healthy and energized. It's a blessing to be able to exercise at all! It's truly exhilarating to see what your body is capable of.

MOOD:
It was a great day; I felt energetic and happy all day. I spent some time chatting with friends at the church office, and I always enjoy that. Something that had been worrying me lately was put at ease in one of my conversations. Freeing! But... I am a little anxious in the back of my mind, as I agreed to join the worship team as a singer. I love to sing, but I'm dreadful at it. I don't know how I'll ever be able to do it in public like that, but we'll see. I just need to make it about God and not about my ability (or lack of). I believe that, if you sing with authenticity and genuine emotion, you always sing "good." It's at least moving! ;-) My presence on the team is only so the Spirit can work through me if He so chooses; I just have to be a willing, cheerful vessel.

SLEEP:
I was surprised to find I slept very well! I had been feeling dreadful last night. I was frightened, in pain, and I had chills from a mild fever. But I slept extremely well and woke up better. I wonder if it was food poisoning? I have a doctor's appointment on Monday to try and get to the bottom of what's been going on.

SPIRITUALITY:
Today was great in this area. I read a few chapters in Genesis and found some enlightening scriptures in Proverbs. I read a great article about gossip in In Touch magazine (and found I'm more guilty of it than I'd realized. I'll be working on this!). I'm beginning to use a couple devotionals again, a habit I'd fallen out of. Always good!

VERDICT:
I'm happy with today. Exercise is starting to help me sleep sounder than I did before. I used to wake up at night and have a harder time falling asleep, but now that I've been working out, I never wake up prematurely, and I fall asleep faster. I feel more energy during the day, too. I've never been a morning person, but mornings aren't nearly as dreadful when I exercised the day before! I'll keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment