Wow. I'm finding that I REALLY needed a change. I researched the options at Panda Express and did the best that I could on Monday (I got string bean chicken breast and chow mein) and I still got horribly ill. My body has just decided it's had enough. It cannot handle much fat or even cabbage. The punishment for eating something wrong is severe. I talked to my doctor about it, but he said it's just a common thing that happens after gallbladder removal. Your gallbladder is needed to help you digest fats, so without it, my body just gave up even trying. I'm keeping as hopeful as I can about it, though. My diet is changing for the better, and I'm finding delicious, healthy organic foods that will become part of my new routine. I prayed that God would help me change my diet, and joked with Him that He would probably have to hit me over the head with a hammer if I was going to change. I'd tried and failed so many times. I was addicted to food, an emotional binge-eater. Well, I think God smiled and hit me over the head with a holy hammer (so to speak). My prayer was answered, but not quite in the way I thought. ;-) I guess I'm saying I'm grateful for my illness in a weird way, as I'm finally changing forever the way I'd wanted to.
So for today, I had a whole grain cereal with nonfat milk, a ham sandwich, and an organic pizza with light cheese. I also drank an Odwalla and ate a small Clif bar of whole fruit. I just had water the rest of the time. The pizza was so delicious I'll never eat another pizza again. Restaurant pizza is so greasy!
Tasty, organic brands I trust are:
Clif, Amy's, Annie's, Odwalla, Kashi, LaraBar, and Organic Valley. Are there any that you guys think I should try?
EXERCISE:
I did level 2 again, and it's still so difficult for me that I have to take a few 5-second breaks. I'm getting better at it, though, so I should be able to do it without breaks in (at most) three days.
MOOD:
I saw a friend today; I was so happy about it that the good vibes stayed throughout the day. :-) It sucks that I'm sick now, but I'm home resting with time to heal, so I can stay positive.
SLEEP:
I went to bed a bit late and got up a bit early, but I feel rested.
SPIRITUALITY:
I prayed, read my devotional, and read some articles in Christianity Today. I really need to crack into that bible of mine! I want to read a King James Version, though. The KJV just lends the words extra power and beauty. For example, John 3:19-21
19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
You just have to slow down and savor the words; I love it!
VERDICT:
I enjoyed trying new foods today! I'm looking forward to a healthier future!
Yay no soda! good job!
ReplyDelete