Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 2, Day 8



WEEK STARTING STATS:
  • Height: 5 feet, 7 inches 
  • Weight: 179 pounds
    • According to my scale, I lost three pounds! That is excellent for one week!
  • BMI: 28
    • I think losing 0.5 from this number is a good jump, considering I only need to be a 24. If I keep up this pace, I'll be at a healthy weight in two months or eight weeks!
  • Waist: 33 inches
  • Hips: 44 inches
    • *Note: I'm measuring at the largest part of my hips.
  • Chest: 33.5 inches
    • *Note: I'm measuring just under my breasts, around my rib cage.

FOOD:
I worked out before breakfast, which wasn't good, but I wanted to be done and showered by the time Chris met me for his lunch break (yeah, his lunch is usually my breakfast, heh). I had cereal for breakfast, and ended up being so busy the rest of the day that I didn't have time for lunch. I had Panda Express for dinner. I always thought of Panda as relatively healthy (as long as you avoid the breaded and fried foods), but I was surprised at the nutritional facts I saw. There was more fat in the dishes than I'd anticipated. The string bean chicken breast wasn't bad, so I had that and chow mein (which is better than the rice). I avoided soda and suffered the resulting caffeine headache. I wonder how many of us are addicted to that stuff without even knowing it...

EXERCISE:
I did my beloved 30-minute DVD blend of strength training, cardio, and flexibility training. I found that missing one day (yesterday) didn't make a difference in my endurance and strength level, but I know from past experience that if I missed two or three days, I would start seeing negative changes. I'll settle for working out six days a week.

MOOD:
I felt pretty good today. Just tired and achy.

SLEEP:
This was one area I had no trouble in whatsoever. Great night of sleep!

SPIRITUALITY:
I prayed, read a magazine article about worship music, and read my devotionals, but I still feel like I'm struggling in this area. My problem is that I'm focusing too much on earthly details: my weight loss goals, entertainment, planning, etc. I'm not looking to Heaven enough.

VERDICT:
It was a pretty good day. I'm excited to see those results! And my legs look amazing! ;-)

I feel so much healthier even after one week. I've noticed less digestive issues, less aches and pains. I'm more energetic and happy, and when I lay down at night to sleep, I feel ready for it, like it's a deserved break. Just one week of exercise and my quality of life has improved. How could I ever go back to the sedentary life I led before?

No comments:

Post a Comment