Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 2, Day 9

 (Are my abs starting to show, or is that wishful thinking?)

FOOD:
Eating was tough knowing now that I can't process fats so well. I have some bad food lying around in my fridge and cabinets, so I'm slowly working on eating those so I can replace them with healthy options. I don't have the heart to throw food away, as we paid for it all. So I had two toaster strudels today, which was the worst thing I had. I was good the rest of the time! Just worried I'll be feeling those strudels tomorrow, hehe.

EXERCISE:
Felt so good I tried level 2 of the 30 Day Shred DVD. It was tough! A lot of it is done in plank position, which is difficult for me. My arm muscles are pretty weak, so any push ups, planks, tricep curls, etc. just kill me. I won't be going back to level 1, though, so I can start training to do level 2. Once I've mastered level 2, I can move on to the third and final level. After that, I graduate to a new DVD! But first things first...

MOOD:
I had a headache for part of the day and all last night, so that had me down for a bit. After I'd worked out I felt a weird fatigue settle over me. My muscles felt great, but it was like my brain was just slow and sluggish. I'm not sure what caused that, but it went away over time. It was a good day after 7 pm!

SLEEP:
The almost 24-hour headache I had kept me from sleeping very well. I kept waking up throughout the night, and I had a hard time falling asleep. I woke up a bit early, too. Got most of the sleep I needed, however.

SPIRITUALITY:
Going to bible study tonight really felt good. I learn so much there, and I just feel the Spirit's presence. I feel accepted and loved, and it always gives me that desire to talk to God more. We read half a chapter of 1 John and discussed it for an hour. I also read my devotional, My Utmost for His Highest. Felt good today!

VERDICT:
It was mostly a good day. I'm proud of the achievement I reached with my exercise, and I feel so good in my body. I'm not near my goal, but I'm enjoying the little changes along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Wow your blog is really long!! You are doing a great job so far! When I eat out I look for good substitutes. Instead of fries I get a parfait or the small size of fries. With weight watchers they have an eating out companion book that the points value on some meals. It doesn't have everything on the menu of some restaurants in the book so i research the nutritional facts before I go.
    I have learned portion control and good substitutions for junk food. Definitely don't deprive yourself of your favorite foods! I still eat cake and ice cream and lose about 2 pounds a week! If you deprive then you binge- very true for me.
    I only work out 4-6 times a week and NEVER on a Sunday. Sunday is time for our Heavenly Father and our families.
    You are doing such a great job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Yeah, I've been researching the healthier options at restaurants, but it's so tricky for me. I ate the best I could at Panda Express, and I'm still extremely sick today from it. So it's a process, definitely. I'm just experimenting to see what I can handle and what I enjoy. Instead of eating ice cream when I crave it, I go for yogurt or nonfat chocolate milk. I'm avoiding feeling deprived, because I have a history of being a binge-eater, too. But I'm so scared of getting sick that my fear keeps me from the old standbys I used to gravitate toward, like candy and fries.
    You are doing great, too! You've come such a long way and seen the ups and downs of weight loss. I hope to mimic your positivity and endurance!

    ReplyDelete